Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saying Goodbye!

The last day of School at dismissal!

It was a bittersweet goodbye to all my students on Friday. This year flew by and you learned so much. I know you will do great in First Grade. I will be taking on a new endeavor next year.

We are starting a Dual Language Kindergarten program and I will be teaching the English side. I am looking forward to working closely with my Bilingual counterpart Mrs. Palomo. I will be teaching Reading to my English speaking students and she will teach Reading to her Spanish speaking students. I will teach math in English to both classes and Mrs. Palomo will teach Science and Social Studies in Spanish to both classes. We will also have a bilingual pair time where  the English and Spanish students will work together in bilingual centers to promote use of the language of the day. It will be a totally new adventure for me, but Mrs. Palomo has taught Pre-K and Kinder dual one way so the two way model will only be a little different for her.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered your blog through the list of the Top 50 K blogs. WOW! Congrats!!

    You have so much for me to appreciate.

    I am an author/illustrator of picture books w/a blog, learning how to circulate it to a wider audience of teachers. I have so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete