Monday, February 28, 2011

Dr. Suess Hat Day!

















We started our Dr. Seuss week this week. Today we had Hat day. We read The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins. To review and identify nouns, we made a tree map of people, places and things from the book. Then, I had the students illustrate one of the nouns from the story. I thought they did I great job and this activity kept their attention better since this is one of Dr. Seuss longer books.

For Math today we enjoyed reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and using rainbow goldfish to sort count and add the colors together.




2 comments:

  1. So cute! We had "green" day today with Green Eggs and Ham (but I forgot to take pictures of all of our projects). We read One Fish, Two Fish also, but I had my kiddos practice writing number and color words. It looks like y'all had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, We have been so busy the last few weeks. I hope your enjoyed the rest of your Dr Seuss week.

    ReplyDelete